As the weather warms up and the sun stays out a little longer each day, spending time holed up in the kitchen cooking dinner sounds less and less appealing. Instead of slaving away over a stove, get outdoors and fire up the grill! Steaks hot off the grill paired with fresh, flavorful produce creates the perfect summer meal. Whether you have a charcoal grill, a gas grill or no grill at all, you can find out how to cook the perfect steak in these 21 blog posts.
Some diehard steak grillers will tell you that that the only way to cook a steak is on a charcoal grill. Charcoal grills are easily accessible and inexpensive to buy, and they give foods the smoky, rich flavor that a gas grill can’t replicate. In these seven blog entries you will learn how to prepare your charcoal and how long to cook your steaks to ensure each bite is tender and flavorful.
- Grilling the Perfect Steak—Even if You’re a Caveman Reaching the right temperature is child’s play with the use of a meat thermometer, as this blogger points out.
- Six Steps to the Perfect Steak Learn how to prepare the charcoal in your grill to be able to cook the perfect steak.
- Columbia Steak House Lex Grilling the Perfect Steak Determine how to check your steak for doneness by touch using the hand check method.
- Grilling the Perfect Steak The visuals provided in the post for determining if a steak is done or not are helpful if you are wondering what the difference is between rare and medium.
- How to Grill a Perfect Steak Over Charcoal Learn a butter trick on this blog post along with how to prepare your charcoal for cooking the perfect steak.
- Grilling Tips and Tricks: Steak- Over Grilling Challenge Tips like taking your steak off before you think it’s done and adding herb butter at the end to melt into the steak can be found on this post.
- Grilling the Perfect Steak on a Charcoal Grill This blogger advises against using lighter fluid to start your coals, using a charcoal chimney instead.
While grilling purists will tell you that charcoal is the only way to go, others will tell you that if you cook the steak properly the ease and convenience of a gas grill is a perfect choice. You can quickly turn on your gas grill and be grilling in 5 to 10 minutes instead of having to wait for the charcoal to get to the right temperature. Follow the tips in these seven blogs for grilling steak on a gas grill that rivals that done on a charcoal one.
- How to Grill the Perfect Steak While the author does not describe what kind of grill she is cooking on, if you go to the video demo you’ll see that she is using a gas grill.
- Grilling the Perfect Steak Follow step-by-step directions for how to grill steaks the “right” way.
- Grilling the Perfect Steak There are directions for both gas and charcoal grilling in the blog post, so you can try either.
- Barbequing the Perfect Steak… Every Time This blogger uses an indoor grill, but the cooking chart that is listed works for any method of cooking.
- The Perfect Steak Check out the very specific cooking chart on this blog post, as it covers both gas or charcoal.
- How to BBQ the Perfect Steak If you’ve ever wanted to know how to get those restaurant grill marks, look no further than this post.
- Grilling the Perfect Steak Learn the best cut of steak to grill and pick up a tip on which seasoning you can use.
Just because you live in an apartment and aren’t allowed to have a grill, doesn’t mean that you can’t have the perfect steak at home. Grab yourself a properly seasoned cast iron skillet and get it screaming hot on top of your stove for a seared steak that is just as good as if it were done on the grill. The tips in these seven blog articles will help you achieve a perfect steak without a grill.
- Basic Grilled Steak (the Perfect Steak) Follow the directions in this blog post and you should end up with the perfect steak, even if it’s your first time cooking one.
- Steakhouse Quality Meat in Five Easy Steps This article helps you cook the perfect steak.
- How to Cook the Perfect Steak The steak professional suggests using cast iron to cook the perfect steak and tells you how to do it.
- Top NYC Chef Explains How to Cook a Perfect Steak Watch this video to learn how to cook different cuts of steaks, whether it’s done on a grill or in a cast iron pan.
- How to Cook Steak This method of cooking the steak is started in a cast iron skillet and then moved into the oven to finish cooking.
- Pan Seared Ribeye with Chimichurri Sauce & 12 Tips for the Perfect Steak Learn some restaurant secrets in this blog, like basting the steak with butter toward the end of cooking.
- How to Cook a Perfect Steak This post suggest using a dry rub on the steak and then searing it to perfection in a cast iron skillet.